About Anderson Dahlen
Our mission at Anderson Dahlen is to provide our customers specialty equipment and fabrication services that are delivered when promised, are of world class quality and are competitively priced. To achieve this level of excellence, we are committed to employee involvement, empowerment and the continuous improvement of our fabrication methods, employee skills and customer service. The result of this continual improvement process will be a profitable, growing organization able to provide job opportunities that enhance the quality of life for all involved.
- Anderson Dahlen, Inc. was founded in the 1940’s. Commercial and residential heating and air conditioning work was the primary focus of the company for the first 25 years.
- Knoll family purchased the company in 1978. It had 10 employees at that time, was located in North Minneapolis, and revenues were around $600,000. The business focus was redirected into stainless steel fabrication for the food processing industry.
- In 1995 the company added CNC machining and ASME pressure vessel weld certification to the services they offered.
- Anderson Dahlen, Inc. became MN Sharp certified by OSHA in 2008. Sales reached $27 million with 145 employees and we expanded the total square footage to 132,000 by moving back into our Coon Rapids building. We provide water jet cutting services and welding services from that location.
- In 2009 Anderson Dahlen became ISO 9001-2008 certified.
- In 2013 Anderson Dahlen acquired Applied Vacuum Technology, which is a specialized division focused on custom products for ultra-high vacuum applications.
- In 2015 AD/AVT reached a combined revenue of $35 million with 205 employees.
- 84,000 sq. ft Ramsey MN
- 48,000 sq. ft Coon Rapids MN
- 43,000 sq. ft Waconia MN – (AVT Division)
- 205 employees (includes AVT Division)
- ISO 9001-2008 Certified Quality System
- MN Sharp Safety OSHA Certified
- ASME pressure vessel shop (U, R, & M , PP Stamp)
- American Welding Society Corporate Member (AWS)
- American Vacuum Society Member MN chapter (AVS)
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers MN chapter (SME)
Custom Metal Fabrication
By providing superior customer service and high quality equipment and fabrication services we have built a reputation as one of the premier stainless steel and specialty alloy fabricators in the country. Our core business is providing custom contract-manufacturing services to a variety of industries including food, chemical, beverage, and pharmaceutical processing as well as providing parts and sub-assemblies to specialty equipment manufacturers. We offer a wide range of services from custom metal fabrication and close tolerance, large capacity machining to complete machine design, build and assembly. We continue to invest in the latest manufacturing technology, from state of the art machine tools, training of personnel and the latest engineering and manufacturing software.
Custom Process Equipment
In 2000, Anderson Dahlen broadened its range of services to the food industry by adding distributed products and process engineering services including system integration and installation services. Our process engineers work with our customers to design process flow diagrams. Piping & Instrumentation Diagrams (P&ID) and to specify process equipment to create an efficient process. We have installation teams that specialize in process piping and process equipment installation through startup. By integrating our own process equipment and that of the industry leaders we represent in Clean in Place (CIP) systems, pumps, valves, and instrumentation, we can provide a turnkey integrated system. Anderson Dahlen is a stocking Master distributor for many of our distributed product. This allows us to be competitively priced as a parts supplier and to react quickly to provide parts in emergency situations. We also offer on site maintenance and repair services for food processors.